Southwest WMAs public meeting Sept. 27 | News
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Park will host a public meeting in McComb Sept. 27, to discuss the Southwest Mississippi Wildlife Management Areas.
The meeting is from 7-8:30 p.m. at Percy Quin State Park in McComb.
The meeting will showcase regional WMA harvest data, wildlife habitat and infrastructure improvements and regulation changes, according to the MDWFP.
All WMA users, adjacent landowners, hunting clubs and interested citizens are encouraged to attend.
Other meetings across the state include:
- September 11: North Delta WMAs at Muscadine Farms WMA near Greenville
- September 13: North WMAs at Charles Ray Nix WMA near Sardis
- September 18: East Central WMAs at Black Prairie WMA near Brooksville
- September 25: South Delta WMAs at Hinds Community College in Vicksburg
- October 2: Southeast WMAs at Paul B Johnson State Park in Hattiesburg
For more information regarding Wildlife Management Areas in Mississippi, visit www.mdwfp.com/wma.